First on the agenda, The Capillary tagged me in the 11 Questions meme that was going around, and I'm just now getting to answer them.
- What's your pipe dream/dream career? Professional windsurfer. This would be a lot more achievable if I could actually surf.
- What do you fear more? Dying or public speaking? Dying. Definitely. Especially if drowning or smothering or being buried alive is involved. I actually don't mind public speaking. I did extemporaneous in high school and debate in college, so it's not that bad to me.
- If you could be one hero's side kick, who would it be? Beckett, from Castle. My level of hero-worship for her is bordering on the pathetic, especially when you consider that she's not real. But she does everything the boys can do, and in heels. She's awesome.
- What character archetype do you find yourself drawn to most? The comic relief/sidekick. I don't know if that's the technical term for it, but I always love the sweet character who makes the MC laugh and so rarely gets the girl. Like Ron Weasley (though he does get the girl so he's not the strongest example).
- If funds were not an issue, what cosmetic alteration would you get on a continuous basis? ie. fake nails, hair extensions, laser hair removal, liposuction, etc I don't know that I'd really get anything. I wish I could say this is because I'm comfortable with my body just the way it is, but it's actually that I'm too lazy to deal with the upkeep of anything. I guess maybe the Keratin treatment for my hair, if I had to choose.
- Do you need a playlist or a song to inspire you? It depends. Mostly no. In fact, I have a lot of trouble writing to music usually, because I get distracted easily. But I have a short story based on a Taylor Swift song (don't judge) that I like to write while listening to the song. On a non-writing note, I do use music to pump me up when exercising (or driving... because that's an activity I need inspiring to do).
- What is your go-to fandom? It changes. Harry Potter is a pretty safe fallback. Most recently, I was reading a lot of Criminal Minds fanfiction. Before that, I think it was The West Wing and Gilmore Girls.
- Wine or beer? Wine... coolers.
- Rum or Gin? Um, neither. Amaretto.
- What are your 3 essential things you need when you're trying to be creative? Silence/white noise, my laptop, soda
- Buffy or Bella? Buffy. Though this isn't really a fair fight because I'd choose a Teletubby over Bella.
And now I tag 11 people. I'm sorry if you've been tagged before.
- K.S. Lewis
- Hope Robertson
- Erin Summerill
- Nick Wilford
- Veronica and Thomas
- Shelley Sly
- Sara - Cutest Landing
- Roland D. Yeomans
- J.A. Bennett
- David Powers King
- Becky - Once Upon a Time
Here are your 11 questions:
- Favorite TV show?
- Beach or ski resort?
- What's your favorite part of the writing process?
- Self-publishing or traditional?
- If you could have any one food every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you met an alien, what would you do?
- Would you prefer watching a mediocre movie or a really, really bad one?
- How do you relieve stress?
- If you ever got the chance to participate in a really big tomato fight, would you take it?
- Craziest thing you've ever done/would like to do?
- What are your favorite boys' and girls' names?
Sara at Cutest Landing gave me an award for cool blogs who have less than 100 followers! Thanks, Sara! The rules for this are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. See above.
- Nominate up to 5 others for the Liebster Award. See below.
- Let said bloggers know via comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Consider signing up for the A - Z Challenge. It's a great way to find new and interesting blogs.
I think these people have fewer than 100 followers, but I can't tell if that's just through Google Friend Connect or real, so please let me know if I underestimated! I'm tagging:
And last, but definitely not least, I'm going to be a guest blogger on Rebecca Belliston's website tomorrow. My topic is Plotting vs. Plodding. You should head over there every Tuesday and Thursday this month to see other great guest posts.