So K.S. Lewis put 11 questions up on her blog with an open tag, and I'm bored/I want to answer them.
- hat's your favorite fairy tale? Oh, man, that's tough. Does Peter Pan count? It has fairies! If not, probably Beauty and the Beast or Rapunzel.
- Have you ever written a scene that suddenly introduces a new character not previously created, and that character becomes important? Hm, probably, though I can't cite a specific example. But I've definitely written a scene that introduced a character who was supposed to be a throwaway, only to find out she was actually pretty important (Brittany, from Rosetta).
- Quick! You're trapped in a library with a zombie! You just threw Pride and Prejudice at its head. It doesn't appreciate classics. What do you do next? Curl up in the fetal position and cry. No, scream. Um, run like hell?
- How bad was that joke? Psh, I thought it was funny.
- Do you have a favorite genre? For the moment it's urban fantasy. Before that it was crime. It changes with my mood.
- Would you stay in a supposed haunted house overnight if given the chance? No. Absolutely not. No way in hell.
- Favorite color or pattern? Red, purple and plaid. Not necessarily altogether (although...).
- What made you want to start blogging? If you don't have a blog, would you ever consider starting one? Hm, not to give K.S. all the credit, but actually... she did it first and I wanted one too. But I really got serious about it when I started following other writers and realized that there's a whole community for people like me (that's not in a mental health care facility) and that I wanted to be a part of that.
- Seven-leagued boots or invisibility cloak? Invisibility, I think. I think that'd come in handy.
- What's the oddest thing you've heard/seen while in an elevator? Or, if you've never been in an elevator (hey, anything's possible), the strangest thing you've heard/seen while waiting in a line? "I know you can be overwhelmed. And you can be underwhelmed. But can you ever just be whelmed?" "I think you can in Europe."
- If you woke up inside your favorite movie, what is the first thing you'd want to do (besides find a way back home)? Take Marla Hooch's place playing 2nd base for the Rockford Peaches.
That was fun. Since I already tagged people, I'll leave it open for anyone to answer these same questions, or the ones I posted earlier.