Friday, June 22, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Blog Hop

So last month for the Oh My Hero! Blog Hop I posted about Adrian and Grey, the two heroes from one of my WIPs. Today, Jaycee DeLorenzo and Victoria Smith are hosting the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Blog Hop, and I have an opportunity to introduce you to the book's main character, Bex Addison. She's being interviewed by Cady Brownell, a 27-year-old MagLET agent undercover with Bex, Adrian, Grey and the others.


Bex Addison

Cady Brownell: Hi, Bex, it's good to see you.
Bex Addison: Good to see you too.

CB: Let's jump right into it. How would you describe Adrian and Grey?
BA: Adrian's... either an idiot or the best partner I could ever ask for, depending on what he's doing at the moment. *laughs* Normally an idiot.
CB: But you love him anyway.
BA: I do. In that way you love really annoying little brothers. Grey's... definitely more complex. More cautious. He actually thinks before he acts. And he's passionate, maybe even obsessive, about fighting magic cartels.
CB: And hot.
BA: You--you think? I haven't really noticed. I mean, we're both professionals, and there's not a lot of time to think about things like that when you're undercover--
CB: And hot.
BA: Um... sure. If you say so.

CB: So what gets a guy a second date with you, Bex?
BA: Well... just getting a first date usually helps. I don't like to date.
CB: Haha, well, assuming they get that far then.
BA: Oh, I dunno. He has to be able to hold a conversation. And it's not just that he has to be able to hold up his end--though that's important--but he also has to listen to my end. *pause* Among other things.

CB: What's the one thing you believe can tell a lot about a person?
BA: How they treat people who aren't as powerful as they are. Like how a leader treats his followers, or how a rich man treats his staff. The mark of a truly good person is that they treat everyone with respect.

CB: And last question. Boxers or briefs on your guy?
BA: *with a wink* Neither.

CB: Thanks for talking to me, Bex!
BA: Thanks for having me!

When I think of Bex, I think of Pat Benatar songs, and I went back and forth on a couple of them before I finally decided this best represents her.

Thanks for hosting, Jaycee and Victoria! I'm looking forward to checking everyone else's out!

13 comments:

  1. LOL, I love how she refused to admit that Grey is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither boxers or briefs, brilliant! Loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It helps to get a first date before a second, love it! :) Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bex sounds like a no-nonsense kind of woman! Fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved her answer about what tells a lot about a person - too true!

    Bex sounds totally great!

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting a first date helps...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bex knows how to tell a good person from a bad person, doesn't she? I liked your interview and would love to meet your characters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Left something on my blog for you, Tobi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview! I love Bex she sounds like a wonderful character.
    I've give you the Booker Award on my blog today. Stop by and pick it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I've given you an award from over at my blog! :)

    http://www.lifeisgood-forever21.blogspot.com/2012/06/another-award-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh! Great interview! I love Natalie Portman too! Great choice for a character picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your character names. Nice entry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your character's name and super cute interview. Your heroine seems very professional :D

    ReplyDelete