Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 6/19/12

Every once in awhile, I just get the urge to re-read. And last week, I read Kelley Armstrong's The Hunter and the Hunted, which had a teaser for the first six chapters of her upcoming book, Thirteen. Thirteen is the final book in the Otherworld series, and I'm very much looking forward to it. So reading the teaser not only made my anticipation worse, but it basically forced me to go re-read some of the other books in the series. Starting with Bitten, the first book.

Elena Michaels is the world’s only female werewolf. And she’s tired of it. Tired of a life spent hiding and protecting, a life where her most important job is hunting down rogue werewolves. Tired of a world that not only accepts the worst in her–her temper, her violence–but requires it. Worst of all, she realizes she’s growing content with that life, with being that person.

So she left the Pack and returned to Toronto where she’s trying to live as a human. When the Pack leader calls asking for her help fighting a sudden uprising, she only agrees because she owes him. Once this is over, she’ll be squared with the Pack and free to live life as a human. Which is what she wants. Really.

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

It took over a half hour to complete the process, triple the normal amount of time. Did it hurt? Well, I don't have a lot of experience with nonshapechanging pain, but I feel safe in saying that being drawn and quartered might have hurt a bit less.

9 comments:

  1. I guess, this must be an interesting read since you're re-reading the book.
    Gotta love that cover!
    ai-books

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh interesting tease! i'm intrigued!
    Trish - My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, long drawn out incredible pain? Doesn't sound like a good time at all :(. Great teaser, thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, now I've got to try this one. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Here's mine: http://canireadeverything.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday_19.html

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. Hmm, something tells me she'll never be entirely free of the Pack. Nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy these books. I've only read the first 4 in this series, but I like them. Great teaser. Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, sounds intense! Hope you're enjoying the novel =)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog yesterday =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read this and love this book! Good teaser :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, that sound really good. I like the cover too :)

    ReplyDelete