Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 6/12/12

A couple great books came out in the last few days (particularly Nyrae Dawn's What a Boy Needs and Kelley Armstrong's The Hunter and the Hunted), but before I can read them, I need to finish the one I started: No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong. Which I'm re-reading. For about the sixth time. (It's my favorite of her Otherworld series.)

Jaime, who knows a thing or two about showbiz, is on a television shoot in Los Angeles when weird things start to happen. As a woman whose special talent is raising the dead, her threshold for weirdness is pretty high: she’s used to not only seeing dead people but hearing them speak to her in very emphatic terms. But for the first time in her life–as invisible hands brush her skin, unintelligible fragments of words are whispered into her ears, and beings move just at the corner of her eye–she knows what humans mean when they talk about being haunted.

She is determined to get to the bottom of these manifestations, but as she sets out to solve the mystery she has no idea how scary her investigation will get. As she digs into the dark underside of Los Angeles, she’ll need as much Otherworld help as she can get in order to survive, calling on her personal angel, Eve, and Hope, the well-meaning chaos demon. Jeremy, the alpha werewolf, is also by her side offering protection. And, Jaime hopes, maybe a little more than that.

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

"Scream and I'll snap your neck. Understood?" Jeremy's tone was soft and even, like a patient teacher warning a difficult child.

Also, keep an eye out for my First Fight/First Kiss entry later today.

Also, also, just a little over a day left for you to enter my 100 Twitter Followers Giveaway. Win a free book!

5 comments:

  1. oh dear, that's scary and crazy intimidating! Great teaser, I definitely feel intrigued. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the sound of this! Kelley Armstrong was recommended to me by a friend, but I haven't looked into her books yet. I will give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that series! I just read The Hunter and the Hunted last night - two great stories and a teaser for THIRTEEN. My teasers this week are from Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book too! I love the whole series, I think I need to pull it out and do a re-read for the series finale. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a scary one! I need to give Kelley Armstrong a try one of these days!

    ReplyDelete