Okay, so you know that 11 Question thing that's been going around? Well, I wasn't actually tagged, but I do have 11 questions for all of you. Only they're not exactly fun, personal questions. More... practical questions, because I'm pretty new to this blogging thing. Okay, I just had 11 questions I wanted answers to, so I lumped them into this blog post. And, fine, there's not really 11 of them. I could only think of eight. But, anyway, here are my questions in no particular order. Sorry if they sound a little like a reading comprehension test from middle school.
- Do you have a blog schedule and why/why not?
- Do you use any social media sites (particularly ones other than Twitter) and why?
- Do you use Google Adsense on your blog, and is it worth it?
- At what point did you feel comfortable hosting bloghops/giveaways, particularly if the prize is a critique?
- Do you have other blogs and, if so, how do you divide your attention between them?
- How much are you willing to post about your WIPs: summaries, excerpts, detailed descriptions, etc.?
- What are some ways you drive traffic to your blog?
- Who's your favorite Disney character (okay, that one is a fun, personal question. I lied again. I'm pathological!)?
Just before posting this, I found some answers at a really good blogpost called 25 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Blog, but I'm still interested to hear others' opinions as well. Basically, I'm trying to learn everything there is to know about blogging in one day. Because that's not an impossible task. But anyway, any help/advice/tips you can offer are greatly appreciated. Thanks!