Emily R. King tagged me (like, two weeks ago) in this, and I've been really excited to do it. So here goes!
- What is the working title of your book?
- Where did the idea come from?
When I got tired of reading crime novels a few years ago, I looked for a series in a new genre, and I stumbled upon Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, which focuses on all different supernatural species. From there, I found myself spinning off to other urban fantasy books, with a particular interest (at the time) in werewolves. Eventually I decided to try my hand at writing one.
- What genre does your book fall under?
Adult urban fantasy
- Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?
Ironically, this is one of the few books I've written/started where I didn't come up with this. Upon some reflection, I can't think of one to play my MC, Quinn. Maybe Amber Tamblyn, though with her hair chin-length, straighter and lighter.
Photo credit: Robin Wong, Wikipedia
- What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
When Quinn brings a stray, possibly man-killing werewolf home to the Mid-Atlantic Pack, she's forced to deal with not only his issues, but her own, as well the safety of the Pack she's sworn to protect.
- Will your books be self-published or represented by an agency?
Agency, I hope!
- How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Um... 6 months? Something like that.
- Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Kelley Armstrong, I suppose (see above).
- What else about your book would pique the reader's interests?
Well, werewolves obviously. And... there's a bit of romance, a lot of action and fighting, some warm-fuzzy family moments, and twin brothers that made me giggle almost every time they were on the page.
I know this has been around a lot already, so I'm tagging the first five people who comment and haven't done it yet.