Monday, July 16, 2012

Hookers!

It's time for the first part of the Hookers & Hangers Blogfest, hosted by the awesome ladies at Falling for Fiction. Because I couldn't decide, I'm going to give you three from Capitoline Hill, then a few from my other WIPs. Enjoy!

Capitoline Hill

  1. The first thing I wanted to say when Geoffrey ushered us into his office was, “It was Lucy’s fault.”
  2. He was a human again, he was pretty sure.
  3. We woke in a naked pile of human bodies.

Other Books

  1. It was official: Shawn sucked at physical training. - Defenders
  2. When Laurie regained consciousness, she was outside the burning house again, flat on her back and staring at the black sky with the swirling grey plumes of smoke dancing patterns before her eyes. - Defenders
  3. Can I tell you a secret? - Angels
  4. My blood ran cold, and Calli whirled on Levi, slashing her sword so fast I barely saw it and stopping just inches from his throat. - Angels
  5. The gun vibrated in her left hand as it recharged, and Bex Addison idly wondered why the magical gun couldn’t reload as quickly as the Beretta in her right. - Bex Addison
  6. Once upon a time, there were three little kids and a big, bad wolf. Capitoline Hill, book 2

That was fun, and I think the Hangers part might be even better. I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's!

32 comments:

  1. Wow. All three of Capitoline Hill grabbed me. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked both the #1 lines! Lots of good lines in there. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't actually puck one I liked the best, they're all very attention grabbing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad you shared some from your other ones, too. That first one from Defenders made me laugh. And dude, waking up in a pile of naked bodies?? I can only imagine the smell.

    Thanks for joining the bloghop! Can't wait to see your hangers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Number three is great, I love the way it's worded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really good lines! I like the pretty sure he's human one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Voting for #3! Definitely want to know more about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In answer to #3, yes. Please tell me a secret. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hooked! I think you're hooker skills are something to bow to :) I can't even pick which WiP has the best ones they're all so good! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are incredible! I like #3 from the first set the best! Holy draw-you-in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love three (from both sets actually :D)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you got awesome hooks. my favorite is-- Can I tell you a secret? uh, yes please, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much tension in these! I love them! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waking up in a pile of naked human bodies? I'd read more to get that explained!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's awesome that you did more than one book. Dying to know what Bex Addison is about. And the waking up in naked bodies??? Oh my.

    Thanks for participating! Can't wait to read your hangers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the last one from the first one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the action sequence and the sword. Great selections!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That first one made me laugh so hard! Probably because in the collab I'm doing with Jen, my character's name is Lucy, and Charlie (her older sister) blames her for many of her troubles. So funny. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the ones from Capitoline Hill - esp. the 'he was human again, he was pretty sure.' It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely intrigued by all of Capitoline Hill's, fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Capitoline Hill sounds great. Those lines are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love descriptions like this: ..."staring at the black sky with the swirling grey plumes of smoke dancing patterns before her eyes." All of the ones from Capitoline Hill sound great too. I'm a new follower now. Glad I found this bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A pile of naked bodies - wow, that definitely hooks me! I wanna know why!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like # 2 from Capitoline Hill - sounds like a great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You've got some great stuff going on here. I like them all! Particularly intrigued by the magical gun, and the pile of naked bodies - what happened there?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You had me at "pile of naked bodies." :D So awesome

    ReplyDelete
  27. I snorted with laughter while reading the second one...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, waking up in a pile of bodies. Captivating! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love those first three lines, great stuff! I admit I was captivated by the naked bodies too, hopefully they weren't corpses. ew!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Seriously intriguing first lines! I'm hooked for sure:)

    ReplyDelete