Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - 8/7/12

I read so many good books this week, still mostly in the contemporary YA genre, but the one I'm reading now is a little more fantasy and a little more fun: Chantele Sedgwick's Not Your Average Fairy Tale.

Ash Summerland has it all–good looks, popularity, and the best grades at The Academy of Magical Beings. Ready to complete his last assignment in order to graduate, Ash is confident he will get the apprenticeship he wants. When he opens the letter from the Council, he is shocked to discover he has been assigned to apprentice Lady Shenelle, Keeper of Happy Endings. A.K.A. the head fairy godmother. Ash is forced to grant three wishes to a troubled human girl named Kendall, and ultimately give her a "happy ever after". But Kendall turns out to be more than he bargained for. Still grieving over her father's death, Kendall doesn't want anything to do with him. And worst of all, she doesn't believe in happy endings.

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

I wasn't ready to grant her other wishes yet. I wanted her to take her time. I wanted more time with her, but once she said the words I wish, I had to grant them no matter what.

11 comments:

  1. I have said this before, but I am so excited to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good.
    I haven't heard of this book before
    Here is my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally loved the teaser and the premise of the story. Adding this to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my TBR list. Can't wait to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fairy godfather? Lol I want to read it!

    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this will is already on my TBR list. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Putting it on my TBR, right now. :) Great teaser.

    Here's mine @ The Coffee Pot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting book. Will add it to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! I love Chan's book! Isn't it great?

    Here is a good teaser from my current read, AWAKEN by Katie Kacvinsky:
    Here was a room full of married couples ignoring the person they loved and choosing to be sensual with a fabricated form of reality.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read more your posts. They are so useful that I can use them to solve issues. I hope you will upload articles frequently. I like them very much. They are pieces of advice for me.


    출장안마
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete