Okay. I think the universe is trying to tell me something. I've had a string of unsuccessful started stories and about a gazillion new ideas, and nothing's catching. Nothing's lighting me up. And I think the reason is because I really need to finish editing Capitoline Hill. No more excuses. So for the month of August, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to edit and polish my query letter and synopsis, and when that's done, maybe I'll be able to write again.
So here's last month's goal breakdown.
- Write 11,000 words. I wrote about 7,000.
- Have a polished MS for CH, along with a complete query letter and synopsis. I have a complete query letter that I'm happy with and a complete synopsis that is... okay. I don't have a polished MS for CH.
- Get 150 followers on Twitter and 100 followers on my blog. 145 followers on Twitter, 86 on my blog.
- Enter at least two bloghops. Turns out the What If Blogfest is actually in August, but I did the Hookers and Hangers Bloghop. And it was two days, so that counts, right?
- Submit at least one short story for a contest/magazine submission. No.
- Have a polished MS for CH, along with a complete query letter and synopsis. Because I'm turning into the girl who cried edits.
- Enter at least one bloghop. Because, as I said, the What If Blogfest is actually in August.
- Visit K.S. Lewis. Plane ticket already purchased!
- Relax, shake it off, and approach my writing with fresh eyes in September.
Did anyone have a productive July? Please, share with the class.