Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Wrap Up

And fail.

Okay. I think the universe is trying to tell me something. I've had a string of unsuccessful started stories and about a gazillion new ideas, and nothing's catching. Nothing's lighting me up. And I think the reason is because I really need to finish editing Capitoline Hill. No more excuses. So for the month of August, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to edit and polish my query letter and synopsis, and when that's done, maybe I'll be able to write again.

So here's last month's goal breakdown.

  • Write 11,000 words. I wrote about 7,000.
  • Have a polished MS for CH, along with a complete query letter and synopsis. I have a complete query letter that I'm happy with and a complete synopsis that is... okay. I don't have a polished MS for CH.
  • Get 150 followers on Twitter and 100 followers on my blog. 145 followers on Twitter, 86 on my blog.
  • Enter at least two bloghops. Turns out the What If Blogfest is actually in August, but I did the Hookers and Hangers Bloghop. And it was two days, so that counts, right?
  • Submit at least one short story for a contest/magazine submission. No.

August's goals:

  • Have a polished MS for CH, along with a complete query letter and synopsis. Because I'm turning into the girl who cried edits.
  • Enter at least one bloghop. Because, as I said, the What If Blogfest is actually in August.
  • Visit K.S. Lewis. Plane ticket already purchased!
  • Relax, shake it off, and approach my writing with fresh eyes in September.

Did anyone have a productive July? Please, share with the class.

9 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up for not meeting your goals. At least you had them in mind and made progress. That's probably more than you could say if you hadn't made goals in the first place. Just keep swimming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. July wasn't a completely terrible month - you did accomplish 7000 words, which is good! Some months are simply less productive than others! Good luck with August's goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo. Goals. Too embarrassed to list mine. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I can help you find an idea to catch fire ;) You'll soon be done with CH edits you will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will admit I did not have a productive July. I should make a list of August goals. That's a very good idea. Good luck with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so inspiring with your goals! I need to be better at listing mine out like these and keeping track of results! Can't wait to see what you have for the "What If?" Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't feel too badly, I think 7000 words is great! Apart from blogging and reading, I was not productive at all in July...but I have great hopes for the near future, once I've moved my kid up to college. :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't really have a productive July either, but it's okay. We keep trying. Good luck with your August goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did good for July!! And I need to sit down and figure out what I did in July because I know I did a lot. ;0)

    ReplyDelete