Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - 6/4/13

Yesterday, I found out that I could check out ebooks from the library. I'd already known this, but I assumed I had to actually GO to the library to check them out, which is increasingly more inconvenient since I just moved. But, NO. I can check them out and return RIGHT ONLINE. There was much dancing, much celebrating, and (later, after I renewed my library card) much borrowing of books. Seriously, is this not the most exciting news?

So now that I have a few (too many) new books on my Nook, this week's teaser comes from my annual attempt at reading nonfiction. I like Anna Quindlen's fiction books and I think she's a funny, insightful lady, so I'm trying to be optimistic, despite the fact that I haven't finished a nonfiction book since I was in high school and had to do book reports.

Thinking out loud is what Anna Quindlen does best. A syndicated columnist with her finger on the pulse of women's lives, and her heart in a place we all share, she writes about the passions, politics, and peculiarities of Americans everywhere. From gays in the military, to the race for First Lady, to the trials of modern motherhood and the right to choose, Anna Quindlen's views always fascinate.

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

"But is it really necessary," he asked after some preliminaries, "for you to wear your gender on your sleeve?"

For a moment I thought about telling him where my gender really resided, but he seemed pleasant and earnest and I didn't want to embarrass him.

3 comments: