Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - 3/26/13

Yup, still re-reading Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series. I jumped ahead a little to the fifth book, If I Die, which I think was my favorite. The seventh (and final) book, With All My Soul came out today, and I can't wait to get my copy of it!

WARNING: Blurb may contain spoilers for previous books in the series.

Everyone else is talking about Eastlake High’s gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck, but Kaylee Cavanaugh has bigger things on her mind. Kaylee’s a banshee—her scream is a portent of death.

But the next scream might hit too close to home. Kaylee’s borrowed lifeline has almost run out.

Yeah—it’s a shock to her, too. So to distract herself from her own problems, Kaylee is determined to defend her school against the latest supernatural threat. That hot new teacher is really an incubus, who feeds from the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend’s delinquent ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren’t quite human either.

But Kaylee’s running out of time, and those who love her will do anything to save her life

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

"So how 'bout this..." Emma turned from the mirror to face me directly. "I promise not to sleep with the hottest teacher on the face of the planet--math facts and harmless fantasies only--and you promise to tell me if he turns out to have horns or a forked penis. Deal?"

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it aρpears like your wеbsite аte my first commеnt (it waѕ ѕupеr long) so ӏ
    gueѕs I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying
    your blog. І toо am an aѕρiring blog
    writег but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for inexperienced blog writers? I'd ceгtaіnly appгеcіаtе it.


    My ωeb blog ... macbook repair penang

    ReplyDelete