Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - 2/12/13

Sorry about the hiatus. I truly intended to post something about how I was going to be on vacation for two weeks, but I got swamped trying to get everything done with work and packing and general chaos, so that never happened. But I'm back now, and hopefully I can settle into some sort of real posting schedule. And real writing schedule. And real... life schedule (schedules have not been my friend lately).

While I was gone, I read Jennifer Lynn Barnes' Nobody, and I started Susan Kaye Quinn's Mindjacker trilogy. I enjoyed book one quite a bit, and I started book two, Closed Hearts, yesterday. I decided to put the series blurb instead of the specific book because it was just too spoilery.

Sixteen-year-old Kira Moore is a zero, someone who can’t read thoughts or be read by others. Zeros are outcasts who can’t be trusted, leaving her no chance with Raf, a regular mindreader and the best friend she secretly loves. When she accidentally controls Raf’s mind and nearly kills him, Kira tries to hide her frightening new ability from her family and an increasingly suspicious Raf. But lies tangle around her, and she’s dragged deep into a hidden world of mindjackers, where having to mind control everyone she loves is just the beginning of the deadly choices before her.

The rules for Teaser Tuesday are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  • Then hit up Should Be Reading to add your link.

And the teaser:

Even if I could pump the gas out of my brain to go back for Raf and my dad, the butterflies would get me.

I had no choice but to leave them behind.

2 comments: