Happy new year, everyone! I hope all your holidays were wonderful and that the new year began with promise. I've returned from my spontaneous hibernation with enthusiasm (and new year's resolutions).
- Finish CH2. I'll tell you, I probably shouldn't have taken a month-long break from this after NaNoWriMo, since I've now forgotten any ideas I had for the ending. But that's okay, I'm sure whatever I come up with will be better (she says optimistically). I have about 25,000 words left, and I'm really, really planning to finish it by the end of the month so I can give it to K.S. Lewis and make her fix it.
- Write two more novels. Or at least write one and start the other. Right now, I'm thinking Bex and CH3, but I often change plans unexpectedly.
- Read one non-fiction book. I can't remember a non-fiction book I read all the way through that wasn't required for school. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed any--because I have--but I just can't seem to finish them for some reason. But I'm going to change that this year.
- Read 52 books, averaging one per week. I exceeded this last year, so I don't think it's unreasonable.
- Query 60 agents, averaging five per month, or until signed.
- Submit 12 stories to magazines/contests, averaging one per month. I constantly toy with this, and occasionally send one or two things out, but I'd like to spend a little more time focusing on it. Plus, short stories are a good way to unstick myself when I get writer's block.
- Blog twice a week. And this is where I owe you guys a small apology. Things got a little crazy here over the last few months, and I haven't kept up very well with my blog and others. But I really do love blogging and I love keeping in touch with all of you, so I'm going to shake off last year and really dive back into it.
Also, keep an eye out for a giveaway soon, since I've almost hit 200 followers on Twitter.
Did you make resolutions? Care to share? Also, how were your holidays?